Were you a passenger in a Taxi and you had a accident? Call our Compensation Claims Solicitors now for free legal advice.
Taxis are a common way of getting around especially in Big cities across UK. A taxi ride is something we don’t really think about in terms of safety and the possibility of an accident. Most of us will get to our destinations safely using taxis but some of us are not so lucky. In the event that you are involved in an accident when your a passenger in a taxi or get into a car accident with a taxi, you might be eligible for a Taxi Accident Claim.
Am I eligible to make a Taxi Accident claim
You can make a claim for compensation if your taxi was hit by another vehicle, you were a passenger travelling in the taxi, your car was hit by a taxi.
Secondly, you can start a Taxi Accident claim if you were not wearing a safety belt and you were a passenger in the taxi. Although you are expected to exercise precaution and safety measures when riding in a taxi, and if the taxi you are riding in has an accident, you can sue the driver for compensation from his insurance company because it was his fault.
What to do after a Taxi Accident
- Take the Taxi registration number. On many instances taxi drivers are employed and therefore their names might not tie the insurance companies to them. This is the single reason why car plate numbers are very crucial if you are planning to start a for Taxi Accident Claim for compensation. If you can take their names, contact details and the company details then that will also help your claim for compensation.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. If you have been involved in a taxi accident, the impact may not be felt immediately but afterwards. Go to the hospital to get checked. Medical reports are crucial for any compensation claims.
- Take photos of the scene of accident and anything else that may be vital for evidence. If you have bruises, take pictures.
- If you were one among other passengers, ensure you have their details and you let the police know, If called at the scene of the accident, that you were all passengers
- Get witness statements. People who were at the scene of the accident to confirm your story.
Taxi Accident Claims Amounts
The amount you receive as compensation can be classified as general damages or special damages. General damages involve mental and emotional trauma as a result of the accident. Special damages are the financial losses incurred due to the accident. This can be transport costs from the scene of the accident to hospital, medical expenses, and loss of future earnings probably due to being signed off work among others. Our accident claims solicitors are ready to give you free advice on the amount that you could possibly receive if you have a valid taxi compensation claim.
Uber Taxi Accident Claims
While Uber is still a relatively new ride sharing app, its popularity cannot be ignored across the UK. Ride sharing is a recent wave revolutionizing the taxi industry. With Uber, presently, if you have been involved in a car accident, the company is liable to pay compensation if the driver has limited or no insurance cover. In such cases it is best to seek the services of a qualified accident claims Solicitor to guide you on the way forward.
Taxi Accident Claim Solicitors
We know legal fees can be prohibitive hence the reason we provide a No Win No Fee service to ensure that you get justice. This means that if you don’t win your Taxi Accident Claim case, you owe us nothing.
If you have a Taxi Accident Claim, reach out on 0121 565 4317 and we will help you get your rightful compensation for FREE.